Baked Cornmeal and Spinach Bread
It seems that this month had been the busiest month this year for me. With so many social and family engagements, I have really been tied up. Squeezing between my all other responsibilities I tried this Cornmeal and Spinach bread. It was nutritous, healthy and easy to make. But it didn't tingled my family's taste buds. So I tried to give it an Indian twist to it (though was not able to click any photograph for the end product as it was all gone within minutes). Now its up to you to decide which way its better.
100 gms cornmeal ( Makke ka atta)
100 gms plain flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp salt
40 gms grated cheese ( I used Amul Processed Cheese)
300 ml milk
40 gms butter
1/2 bunch chopped spinach
1 large chopped onion
ground black pepper
1. Sift cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and ground black pepper.
2. Beat together egg, milk and melted butter.
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well.
4. Add chopped spinach, onion and grated half the cheese.
5. Put the mixture in a 6 1/2 square inch greased tin.
6. Sprinkle the remaining Cheese over the mixture.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 mins at 180 o C or till golden brown.
8. Cut it into square pieces and serve it with any chutney or sauce.
1. Cut it into further small pieces.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok.
3. Add a few mustard seeds and let them splutter.
4. Saute it till a little crispy.