Friday 7 September 2012


Fondant Quilling


Cake decoration is a very beautiful form of expression of one's creativity. I love decorating cakes and everybody likes to see beautiful and decorated cakes. "Quilling" is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs.  Today I have used this technique to make a decorated cake. I always wanted to try this out when I first saw it. It is not very difficult and came out very beautifully.

I used 'Readymade Fondant' for covering my cake. Then I used 'Spectrum Gel Colors' and made small balls of different colors according to the pattern. 

Then I cut 'thin strips' of the fondant to make different shapes.


I made a 'tight coil'.


 Then a 'tear drop'.

                                       


Then I made an 'S'

 
                                                   

Using the cake glaze  I glued the different pieces onto the cake.

The finished cake 


Top View



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake and I love the quilting decorating idea Deepika !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow u r very good at it. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake and decorations look awesome... very informative post..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...